We are a private investment group controlled by Mike Cannon-Brookes. "Grok Ventures" is a registered business name of Cannon-Brookes Services Pty Limited (ACN 616 170 542). An affiliate of Grok Ventures, the Galipea Partnership, is the holder of a 10% interest in AGL Energy Limited, and Grok Ventures is campaigning against the demerger of AGL Energy Limited.
The Policy covers personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act)) collected by any means and by any technology. This Policy does not apply to employee records (being records relating to a current or former employment relationship between Grok Ventures and an individual). You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. You can get in touch with us at any time about the way we handle your personal information by contacting us at KeepItTogetherAustralia@GrokVentures.com.au.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that Grok Ventures collects and holds about you include:
· your name, address, telephone number, job title and email address or other contact information;
· other information you provide to us through directly (such as whether you are a member of, or otherwise have a connection to, any company involved in our campaigns and activities); and
· information that we obtain indirectly through your use of our website or from other sources, such as the member registers or other records of companies involved in our campaigns or activities.
We do not intentionally collect sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) about you. However, we recognise that there may be circumstances where you wish to provide us with unsolicited sensitive information. For example, you may, as part of our communications with you, tell us something which discloses your political opinion or philosophical beliefs. If we collect sensitive information from you, we will endeavour to delete it as soon as we can and in any case only handle it as permitted by the Privacy Act.
Use of our website
Grok Ventures also collects personal information relating to your interaction with our website. The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold include:
· de-identified information via cookies on our website, such as the date, time and duration of your visit to our website, pages accessed on our website, your browser type, operating systems and other websites visited. We may also collect some personal information when using cookies, such as where a cookie can be linked to you; and
· device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Grok Ventures collects personal information from you in a number of ways, including through your interaction with our website, emails or other communications (including phone calls made to and from suppliers acting on our behalf), when you take part in any of our campaigns or indicate your interest in doing so, or otherwise when you contact us (including via the "Contact us" page on our website).
We may also collect personal information from third parties. For example, we collect information about whether you are a member of, or otherwise have a connection to, any company involved in our campaign and activities from that company's records, including its member register and register of relevant interest as permitted under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
Grok Ventures collects, holds and uses personal information:
· to communicate with you about our campaigns and activities;
· where permitted by law and authorised by you, we may also communicate with you directly by email or SMS in connection with our campaigns and activities. If you do expressly consent to us sending these messages using your personal information, you will be able to opt out at any time – either by using the unsubscribe facility in the relevant message or by contacting us;
· (where permitted by law and where authorised by you) to confirm whether you are a member of, have a relevant interest, or otherwise have a connection to, any company involved in our campaigns and activities;
· (where permitted by law) to contact you by telephone to provide further information about our campaigns and activities;
· to operate our business and work with you to achieve our objectives;
· to analyse the effectiveness of our campaigns and activities;
· to advertise or market our activities;
· to obtain feedback from you;
· to engage any third party supplier who performs activities on our behalf;
· to provide information to representatives and advisors, including lawyers and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements;
· to understand how you use our website and to enhance your experience;
· where required or authorised by Australian law (including the Privacy Act) or a court/tribunal order; or
· where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights and interests, including to monitor activity that we consider is suspicious or fraudulent.
Why do we disclose your personal information?
Grok Ventures will disclose personal information for any of the purposes set out above.
Without limiting the above, we will disclose your personal information to third party suppliers performing activities on our behalf. For example:
· Service providers who send you emails (or otherwise handle emails that are sent to you) in connection with our campaigns and activities may access your personal information through our website and use it on our behalf.
· Service providers who make and receive phone calls on our behalf will also collect your personal information if you interact with them.
We may also disclose your personal information to third party suppliers providing hosting and storage, security or analytics services to us.
We may also disclose personal information to other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We also may share personal information otherwise with your consent.
Do we store or disclose your information outside of Australia?
Grok Ventures may disclose personal information outside of Australia in that our third party suppliers use cloud facilities which are located outside of Australia. It is not practicable to specify the countries in which these facilities are located, as this will depend on the facilities available to the supplier(s) at any given time. We do not otherwise anticipate any disclosure of your personal information outside of Australia.
How do we hold your personal information?
We generally hold personal information in our electronic databases but also store personal information in hard copy form and in various third party databases and platforms.
Our website and our working environment are built with integrated physical and electronic processes designed to safeguard your information and protect it from misuse, interference loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
What are your rights in relation to your information?
Here are the things you can ask us to do in relation to your information at any time:
· You can request a copy of your personal information.
· You can ask us to correct or update your information.
· You can opt out of any emails or SMSs that we send to you.
· You can ask us about our handling of your personal information.
· You can express your concerns or complaints to us about the way we are handling your personal information. We take your concerns seriously and will seek to fix any problem as soon as possible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at KeepItTogetherAustralia@GrokVentures.com.au.
If you're not happy with the way we handle your query or handle your information (including our response to your request to access, correct or delete your personal information), you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by visiting the OAIC website.
How does this Policy apply to other websites?
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for your convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over and are not responsible for any content or privacy practices of those linked websites. As the privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from ours, we encourage you to read them before using those websites.
How do we change this Policy?
If Grok Ventures needs to change this Policy in a way that affects the way we handle your information, we will publish the changes to it on our website. We encourage you to check our website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Policy.
Effective: 2 May 2022